Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Absence

I held onto a wet railing,

For I used to be afraid of falling

Meshing into the sublime cools of the gushing water

As bubbles of air leaked onto the surface

Rinsed foam collected at the bottom

From where I stood

Everything was clear.

Parts of me are crippled,

These legs became inept from walking,

Towards the place where we smoked high hues.

Together behind the school campus

My arms were disabled from holding

Onto your weight

For life,

I held onto you for life.

Dear, dear life.

I found you in the hollows of this perpendicular sphere,

Running away from all that was near.

You survived with three stitches above your left knee

When you fell towards the black hole

Attempting motionless symmetry,

I kissed those lovely ears,

As your lips moved to spell existential philosophy

In part I listened.

Some I remember,

The songs you sang when we sat on green grass

And you cradled my head in your lap.

I remember some.

Most I forgot.

But if I ever see you again,

It will all come back to me.


No comments: